August 10, 2008

Random shots

Brielle and her friend Ammurah are sitting on the lawn behind our house reading. Ammurah is from Mongolia, her family lives in the apartment below us, and she doesn't speak much English yet, but that's okay because Brielle doesn't speak much English either! (however Ammurah CAN speak Mongolian, and that's something Brielle can't do.....yet) Fortunately when you're 2 years old words aren't very important, and the two are learning from each other very quickly.

I came in to the living room the other day to find Hyrum trying to "catch" the blue word 'Phillips' as it bobbed around the screen. I laughed while taking the picture and distracted Hyrum, so I was only able to get one shot, but for you "The Office" fans, you'll understand why I found this so amusing!


A little snake in the grass. Brielle loves pretending to be different types of animals. That's how I can get her to do things.....please put on this striped shirt and be a zebra, please lay down and I'll make you a nest of blankets little bird, kitty cats can't scream they only purr, little bear cubs aren't allowed to climb on the furniture, they must sit on the ground or they get put back in their cages.....

2 comments:

Shantell said...

Such a pretty little girl and a handsome little man. Love the picture of Hryum trying to catch the words. I love the office and laughed when I saw that picture.

Elisabeth said...

I love this picture. what a cute girl you have. I love reading your blog, It's fun to hear about all your mommy adventures.