
On Saturday we went to an Easter egg hunt with our friends. It took Hyrum a few minutes to catch on, every egg I helped him find he'd try to replace in a new hiding spot. That is until I OPENED one and showed him the contents. Then the eggs stayed securely in his bucket!

We had a yellow bucket for Brielle and a blue one for Hyrum, but Brielle INSISTED on using the blue one......I guess it's good the other basket wasn't pink.

I stayed up til midnight the night before Easter finishing these little chicks. They fit neatly in their crocheted egg, and the egg can be closed up with the chick inside.

I don't like crocheting, perhaps that's why it always takes me so long, but I DO like making toys for my kids. (this one took me two weeks to crochet)

Looking for eggs Easter morning.

Brielle has become a little melodramatic, as evidenced by her expressions in these pictures.


Inspecting the loot.

Hyrum thinks egg hunts are wonderful. We've spent many days since searching for empty eggs. (I'll hide the empty eggs, they'll find them, I'll hide them again........etc)

Brielle was most excited about her new bunny...

...and the chick.

As you can see, Brielle collects bunnies.

Hyrum got a puppy.

And guess who does the laundry at our house.

Beautiful.

We had been discussing the reason for celebrating Easter with the kids for a couple weeks leading up to the big day. Now Brielle will tell everyone who'll listen all about how the tomb was empty, and how Jesus died, but now He's "zur-rected". She's always so earnest when she tells the story, with a look of awe in her face. And she's extremely curious to know what happened to the two angels that moved the rock sealing the tomb entrance. She asks me several times a day where the angels are now. And if we'll put daddy in a tomb when he dies.
I'm so proud of my little scripture scholar, way to liken the scriptures unto ourselves. =0)
6 comments:
that is hilarious! Aiden's always asking questions about the tomb now and he worries about dying now....but he likes the resurrection part too
Heidi's kid... melodramatic??? IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Those chicks are adorable!
Aahh. So cute. And who has time to make their own easter chicks? You better make sure you show all of this to them later so they'll know all the good mommy stuff you've done.
I just love Brielle's new hair cut. I think it looks so cute on her. Looks like you had a good easter and I'm so impressed with you eggs! What a great treasure for your kids. I'm sure they'll keep them forever.
I just learned how to crochet a straight line...it took forever! You are amazing! Great job on those chicks!
Post a Comment