February 6, 2011

A Fancy Nancy Party

We started with the fancy cupcakes. They took much longer than I anticipated, largely due to a sad, overtired baby who screamed from 9 PM- Midnight. So the cupcakes were finished around 1:00AM.

I bought a cupcake stand just for this occasion, though I'm excited to use it every chance I get. I foresee a lot of cupcakes in our future!

The table was set with little china bowls filled with candy....

And the girls dressed up in their most elegant of outfits....

When the guests first arrived we did manicures. After that we went straight for the dessert table!



Brielle's mouth is filled with chocolate here, which made it difficult to blow out her candles.


The girls had a wonderful time feasting on sugar. And the resulting sugar-high was not wasted, after eating we played Marshmallow Olympics. I altered several "Minute to Win it" games to fit with a 5 year old birthday party, and the girls had a blast playing.


Sitting cool at the boy-table are Hyrum and Brendon.

Opening presents. All the girls were so excited for this part. They were all eager to show Brielle what they had picked out for her.

I love this "fancy" picture of Brielle. She's become such a girly-girl over the last year.

Brielle thoroughly enjoyed her party, and we're so grateful that we have such good friends here to share it with her.

5 comments:

Paige said...

Brielle has a lot of bling!

Pretty cute party--the cupcakes are so awesome (they do look like they'd take a lot of time).

You are a brave woman to have that many little girls over at once!

Eisha said...

How did you do those cupcakes? Is it a molding? Impressive!

The Francis Family said...

Tyson can't wait to join Hyrum at a boy table sometime in the future! Brielle is such a beautiful little girl! Nice job on her party!

Shantell said...

So CUTE!!! What a fun party! Your cupcakes look amazing as does everything you do. I can't believe Brielle is getting so big. It scary how fast time goes by.

Julia said...

So cute! You did such a great job Heidi!