January 24, 2012

Disney World

 We had a magical time at Disney World.  
It was a crowded time of year to go there, but it was so much fun to be together as a family, and the children loved playing with their cousins, even if we were standing in a line, so it didn't matter that the park was busy.


This is the "People Mover", it goes slowly above Tomorrow Land, weaving in and out of some of the rides.  Since it is such a tame ride, I love that Tyson has his hands in the air for these pictures!

 Russ and I lucked out with the most kids in our car.
 The car behind ours only had one kid, well, two if you count Matt.  
That's why they're all grinning!


 The People Mover broke down in the middle, hence the plethora of pictures!


 Winnie the Pooh ride.  Clara loved this one!


 This was our first time meeting Austin.  He's such a happy goofy little guy!

 My children's favorite ride is It's a Small World.


 Clara went on it over and over, and was still mesmerized each time.

 Her "oooooooh" face.


And the "aaaaaah" face.  She liked the animals hanging from the ceiling.

 Playing in the play area outside of Splash Mountain.

 Tyson, Clara, Austin, and Hyrum (who is posing with a stance I can only assume he learned from his father)


 Brielle and Mary after going down Splash Mountain.

 Cassie and Darcy on Thunder Mountain.





After playing hard for that long you'd think we'd be over Disney, but we're not!  We could have gone another week easy!  =0)  I wanted to go back to Epcot another time or two, I LOVE Animal Kingdom, and I wanted at least another week of pin trading!

What is pin trading, you ask?  Let me elucidate:  All of the Disney Cast Workers (Disney Employees) wear lanyards with Disney Pins on them, and they will trade you two pins a day.  Since there are hundreds of workers at any given moment in each park, that means there are thousands and thousands of pins to look at, and possibly trade for.  We all had pins to trade, but Mom, Darcy and I were the most obsessed.  I still look at people's necks first to see if they're wearing a lanyard, then I stop and realize that I'm in Target and that they aren't wearing pins and wouldn't have to trade with me if they were!  

Life is so flat after living in the Disney Utopia.  ; )

1 comment:

The Francis Family said...

I like your blog. Christian