April 28, 2014

Easter

 We had Stake Conference on Easter Sunday.  I stayed home that morning because I was having intense contractions, and Russ took the older two children.  That afternoon (the contractions having slowed down), we went to Spencer and Roma's house to enjoy the holiday with them.  We ate a delicious meal of brunch foods (Roma is one of the best cooks I know!) and then the children got to look for Easter eggs.  Each child had a different color to look for (except Brendon was looking for a certain shaped egg, in all the colors, which made his hunt more difficult!)
 Finding eggs.



 Look close in the background and you can see my large pregnant belly. (this was 4 days before my water broke)




 After the egg hunt, showing off their full buckets!  The children had a marvelous time playing with each other.  It's so great to have cousins for your best friends!
That night we read in the scriptures about the crucifixion and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  We wanted to be sure our children knew why we celebrate this important holiday.

1 comment:

Roma said...

We always have so much fun getting together with the cousins! Thanks for coming, and I think you are one of the best cooks I know! In fact, Spencer said you make the Blueberry French toast casserole much better than I do. I need to learn how you did it.