August 26, 2010

Never Mind

I've decided not to have the baby. Or else she's decided not to be born. Either way, she is taking her own sweet time! I don't mind carrying a baby for the whole 40 weeks, but if I'm going to do that then I don't want to start labor until 40 weeks. Instead I was dilated to 3 cm. a month before that. And then I have the days and days of contractions, long and painful contractions, that would stay regular for hours at a time, then dissipate for awhile, only to come back stronger and closer later on. Close meaning 3 minutes apart for several hours. And let's not mention the weeks of increased nausea and vomiting.

And since the definition of "true labor" is when the contractions are actually progressing the state of the cervix, and since after 2 weeks of contractions I am now dilated to 5 cm., it would appear that I've been in labor for 2 weeks. Not cool. None of my other births were like this. In fact, with both of my others, I went EXTREMELY quickly from a 4 to a 10, meaning not hours, but minutes. And that's why I'm worried. I really don't want to have this baby at home.........or at Costco. =0)

And I really really want her to be born before September 1st, because that is the deadline for starting school here in Washington, and if she's 6 before she gets to go to kindergarten, then she'll always be the oldest in her grade and when she turns 16 she'll have to date boys in the grade above because all the kids in her grade will still be 15, and then she's going to get in with an older crowd, probably bikers with tattoos, and she'll start sneaking out, and wearing lipstick, and I just CAN'T HANDLE THAT RIGHT NOW!!!

So cross your fingers for me that she's born in the next 6 days.

3 comments:

Amy said...

If you have her at Costco, which aisle would you prefer?? I mean, they do have the beds stacked up, but it might be kinda hard for a laboring woman to climb onto 5 queen sized beds....

Tammy said...

I wonder - if you have the baby at Costco, will they give you lots of free stuff like the Walmart baby? It might be worth a shot!!

Jenny said...

Oh heidi this was exactly how I was!! Truly, I was doing the same thing. no fun! I was hanging out at a 5 like you, contractions everything, then a 6 and still no go. My midwife thought that a really strong bag of waters was what was holding things up and sure enough after we broke it I had G two hours later! I'll be crossing my fingers for you!